Become an AWS expert
The Cloud computing is thriving and needs you to keep on growing!
Together, AWS re/Start and BorgerHub by MolenGeek are enthusiastic about creating an inclusive and diverse global industry of new talent in the Cloud.
AWS offers a technology that allows for example managing a company’s data.
You will learn how to network, deliver content or use development tools for a company’s mobile services or applications.
Why is this training for you ?
It opens up career opportunities for you in a booming sector
Design and management of storage solutions will no longer hold any secrets for you.
You can take a step towards your professional goals by training for AWS at BorGerHub.
Based on real-life scenarios and possibility of directly putting theory into practice. With or without a diploma !
For these reasons, Amazon Web Services entrusted us
with the launch of their first AWS re/Start certification in Belgium.
AWS Cloud and the global core infrastructure
Basic architecture of the AWS Cloud
Application development for the cloud
The basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
The AWS Cloud value proposition
The key services of the AWS platform and their typical use cases
Basic/essential features of deployment and execution in the AWS Cloud
Billing, account management and pricing models
Sources of documentation or technical assistance (e.g. white papers or support tickets)
- Introduction to IT
- Linux basics
- Fundamentals of networking
- Foundations of safety
- Introduction to programming
- Programming in Python
- Basics of the databases
- Introduction to AWS re/Start Cloud Foundations
- The concept of the Cloud: What is “Cloud Computing”?
- The cloud economy and AWS’s global infrastructure
- AWS Core Services: Storage Services, Amazon and Database Services
- AWS Core Services: Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, Auto Scaling
- AWS Cloud Security
- The architecture of the Cloud
- Cloud support services
- Understand how systems work on AWS
- Tooling and Automation
- Computer servers
- Name scaling and resolution
- IT – without containers or servers
- IT – databases – services
- Storage and archiving
- Monitoring and security
- Management of resource consumption
- Communication skills
- Definition of your objectives
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Technical reflection process
- Digital presence
- Personal portfolio project
- How to create a CV
- Networking skills
- Building a professional network
- Maintenance process
- Inside in the job application procedure
- You are free for the next 3 months
- You live in Antwerp and are registered with the VDAB
- You are comfortable with working with a computer. There is no programming knowledge required.
- You are motivated, ambitious and want to develop your skills.
- You have a basic knowledge of english
Thursday, November 25, 2021 — 9am to 11am
Friday 3 December, 2021 — 9am to 11am
Monday December 13, 2021 — 9am to 11am
Tuesday December 21, 2021 — 9am to 11am
START OF TRAINING:
Monday, January 10, 2022
END OF COURSE:
Friday, April 1st, 2022
- Duration: 3 months / 456 hours
- Opening: from 9am to 5pm with a 1 hour break at lunchtime.
- Place: BorGerHub, 92 Turnhoutsebaan, 2140 Antwerpen
The training teaches you how to use AWS services to plan and create your databases.
You will understand the best way to design a company’s applications and services.
This skill will allow you to work on a cloud computing platform.
If you are registered at VDAB, the training is free.
Register for the information sessions.
Or send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information on the registration procedure.
It is important to note that the certification examination is conducted in English. In addition, the training is given in both Dutch and English.
There is a great demand on the employment market for cloud skills. You are ready for a junior position in Cloud management. You will also get compulsory certification for other more advanced certifications in AWS, so you can also continue to specialise to become a leader in the field.
Plus, it’s a great addition to your CV. You will also be able to put this skill to work for your project or your clients.
The training does not require any prerequisites in computer science.
For the training, it is preferable to have your own computer so that you can leave with all the software installed and the right configuration. If necessary, computers will be lent to you.
The training is aimed at job seekers registered with VDAB.
Once the training has started, registration is no longer possible. Please inquire about training dates in our agenda.
When you register for the course your unemployment benefit is frozen (i.e. you receive what you were getting when you registered and there is no reduction in the amount). In addition, you are exempt from looking for work. For more information on this subject, please consult your VDAB advisor.